Can I cut down trees?
Disturbance of vegetation, including removal of trees within areas protected by the Massachusetts Wetlands Protect Act and/or the Billerica Wetlands Protection Bylaw must be reviewed by the Conservation Department and may also require formal approval from the Conservation Commission. If a tree is located within a protected area, and appears to pose a hazard to health and safety, please contact the Conservation Department at (978) 671-0966 to schedule a site inspection.

Show All Answers

1. What are Wetlands?
2. Are Buffer Zones around wetlands protected?
3. Why are wetlands important?
4. How can Billerica residents help?
5. How do I find out if wetlands exist on my property?
6. When do I need a permit?
7. What is the application process?
8. Can I cut down trees?
9. How do I close out my wetlands permit/apply for a Certificate of Compliance (COC)?
10. How can I find out if there are any wetlands-related setbacks or restrictions associated with the property?
11. Where can I find information about Billerica’s open space, conservation and recreation lands in Billerica?