Are marriage intentions taken in the Town Clerk's Office ?

Yes, marriage intentions taken in the Town Clerk’s Office 8:30AM-3:30PM

  • $20.00 filing fee and $10.00 per certified copy after marriage
  • Both parties must be present with a certified copy of Birth Certificate or Passport

There is a three-day waiting period before picking up the “Certificate of Marriage”. Both parties do not need to be present to pick-up the license. If wedding is performed by an officiant other than a clergy or Justice of the Peace, the person performing the service needs to get a Certificate from the Secretary of State’s office to be a “One Day Solemnizer”. More information on this is available at the Secretary of State’s website below. We can supply a list of the local Justices of the Peace if needed. Wherever the couple applies for the Marriage License, that is where they will always get a certified copy, it doesn’t move around with you.

Secretary of State's website

Show All Answers

1. How much is a dog license?
2. Do you process passports?
3. What forms of payment do you accept?
4. What are your hours of operation?
5. How do I get a Business Certificate?
6. Do you have Notary Services?
7. How can I obtain vital records (e.g. birth certificates and death certificates?
8. Are marriage intentions taken in the Town Clerk's Office ?
9. How do I become a Town Meeting Member?
10. How do I get an absentee ballot?
11. How do I register to vote?
12. How often do I need to register to vote?
13. Can I register using my P.O. Box?
14. When I went to vote, why was my name on the Inactive Voter list?
15. Can I vote if my name is on the Inactive Voter List:
16. How do I get put back on the Active Voter List?
17. How do I change my voter registration?
18. Can I change my voter registration on the census?
19. Can I register to vote before I turn 18?
20. Where do I vote?