Who is eligible for an abatement?
Anyone who feels that their personal property is overvalued or exempt may file for an abatement. You must file an abatement form at the Assessor's Office between January 1 and February 1 of the current tax year. Only the current tax year is eligible for abatement or exemption. Please visit the Assessor's Documents Page to download the necessary form - Abatement Application State Form 128

Show All Answers

1. How Can I Pay My Taxes?
2. What is the Budget of Town?
3. What are Billerica's Demographics?
4. I want to sign up for a Recreation Program!
5. I need a library card!
6. I want to join the Senior Center!
7. Can I get an extension of the filing deadline?
8. What is the penalty for failure to file or filing late?
9. What is the return used for and who has access to it?
10. Who is eligible for an abatement?
11. What property is exempt?