09-11-2017 Board of Selectmen
Multiple items were removed from the agenda and taken out of order.
Call to Order
Moment of Silence for 9/11 Victims and Kay Mullen
1. Open Mic
- Steve Wetzel: Dudley Road Paving, and a Scenic Road Violation.
- George Daly: Brick Kiln & 129 needs a traffic light
- Water Rates and Paris Accord
This section will be updated with names and topics.
3. Vacancies on Boards and Committees
-Arts Council: 1 Member
-Scholarship Foundation Committee: 4 Members
-Traffic Management Committee: 1 Member
4. All other announcements may be viewed on the Town of Billerica Website - Selectmen's page
5. August 14, 2017
The minutes of the August 14th meeting were approved.
6. August 18, 2017
The minutes of the August 18th meeting were approved.
7. Town Manager Report - Attached here
Invite DPW Director for next meeting
9. Warrant Articles - Attached
The Board of Selectmen voted to insert Article 11, Article 12, Article 13, Article 28, Article 31, Article 32, Article 33, and Article 43
10. Discussion Regarding Free Air at Self - Serve Gas Stations
The Building Commissioner spoke to the current status of the issue. The Board approved a motion to send a letter to the gas stations out of compliance, including a $300 fine. The gas stations need to be in compliance prior to the October 30th hearing.
11. Change of Officer and Director
The Board of Selectmen approved the change of Officer for the Ninety - Nine Restaurant, 672 Boston Road, Billerica, MA
12. Change of Officer and Director -
The Board of Selectmen approved the change of Officer for the Ninety - Nine Restaurant, 160 Lexington Road, Billerica, MA
- Bonded Constable
- Billerica Scholarship Foundation
- Arts Council
All applications approved by the Board.
15. Request to Close Down a Street
The Board of Selectmen approved the The Billerica Lions Club Picnic in the Park Braille Trail Dedication request to close down a portion of Colson Street from Noon to 4:00 P.M. on Sunday, September 24, 2017.
16. Town Manager Goals and Objectives - Attached
The Town Manager has asked the Board to review the goals attached and looks forward to hearing back from the BOS.
17. Change of Manager
The Board of Selectmen approved a change of Manager request for the VFW Post (Solomon) 8819, Inc., 12 Phinney St, Billerica, MA 01821
18. Traffic Management Committee
The Board of Selectmen motioned for installation of a four way stop at the intersection of Whipple and Andover Road. The Board also motioned to send this article to the traffic management committee.
The Board would also like the brush to be cut back, the Town Manager to reach out to Tewksbury, change the flashing lights to red, alert the residents via social media and increased police patrol.
Multiple residents came to speak about the accidents and traffic at this intersection.
19. Use of Town Common
The Board of Selectmen approved the Rosary on the Common for Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 3:00 P.M.
20. Ascertainment Process for Cable Licenses
More information attached here.
The Board of Selectmen approved the letters to be sent to Comcast and Verizon.
Advertise the Cable Advisory Committee openings.