Water Issue (Low Pressure, Brown Water, Water Main Break)

I have a water problem - what should I do? 

If you are having an issue with low pressure, brown water, or a main break please call the Water Treatment Plant for more information - (978) 671 - 0957. They are staffed 24/7 and will be able to help in an emergency. Also please sign up for CODE Red and we will alert you if water will be shut off to an area. 

I have brown water - what should I do?

Brown water is generally a combination of iron and manganese (minerals that are naturally present in water). These minerals become oxidized when they are mixed with chlorine (which is added to the water for disinfection). This can result in discolored laundry and plumbing fixtures. Brown water can also occur when there is any change in the distribution system, such as increased flow, a water main break, or a fire. The Water Division has a rust-reducing product for use in the laundry. This product is available at the Water Treatment Facility located at 270 Treble Cove Road, and also at the Water Billing Office at the Billerica Town Hall located at 365 Boston Road.