Community Preservation Committee
COMPLETED APPLICATION DEADLINE - DECEMBER 29, 2023
Applications must be stamped by the Town Clerk
The next CPC Meeting will be at 6pm on January 11th.
We recommend you contact staff to discuss your project before you apply. Below are the relevant documents you will need.
Billerica CPA Application (to be filled out once eligibility is confirmed)
Once the CPA project is approved by Town Meeting, a grant agreement will be created and signed by both parties. Please see template grant agreement below:
If the project set forth is a private historic restoration project, the following restriction agreement document will need to be completed by the applicant and submitted to the Massachusetts Historical Commission for approval.
The Community Preservation Committee (CPC) generally recommends projects at Annual Town Meeting each spring, however it can review projects at other times. Contact staff to discuss timing of your application.
Listed below are applications that were approved by Town Meeting in May 2023:
- PHR Basketball Court Impr. Executed Application-Approved STM
- Masonic-1st Floor Reno-Executed Application-Approved STM
- Masonic Facade-Executed Application-Approved STM
- FCCB Application-Approved STM
- BHA-Housing those in Need-Executed Application-Approved STM
- Billerica Library-Preservation-Executed Application-Approved STM
- VVP-Disc Golf-Executed Application-Approved STM
- MHC-Executed Application-Approved STM
1/27/22-Meeting-Review of Eligibilty Forms
New Eligibility Forms:
- Quilt Preservation Eligibility Form-Withdrawn
- Howe Community Preservation Eligibility Form
- Buck Auditorium Eligibility Form
- Eligibility Form - PHR Basketball Courts
- Eligibility Form - Micozzi Beach Bathhouse-Withdrawn
- Eligibility Form - Kohlrausch Park-Withdrawn
- Eligibility Form - VVP Upgrades
- Eligibility Form-Mason Ave-Housing
- Eligibility Form-Construction Masonic 1st Floor
- Eligibility Form-MHC
Deemed Eligible by CPC on 8/11/22
Click to watch previous CPC Meetings below:
Eligibility Forms August 2022
- First Congregational Church Façade Restoration Click Here
- MBTA-Right of Way Click Here-Approved FTM 2022
- Open Space Rec plan Click here-Approved FTM 2022
- Vining Baseball Field 50/70 Click Here-Approved FTM 2022
- Minuteman Monument-Town Center Click Here-WITHDRAWN
- Peace Garden Click Here
- Masonic Hall Facade Click Here
- Community Garden Click Here
CPC 12/8/22 Video
March 23, 2022 7PM- CPC Meeting Documents Click here for ->Zoom Link
Other Important Information:
Please click on link to view all Billerica CPA project appropriations
The Community Preservation Act (CPA) is a Massachusetts State Act which enables a community to create a local fund to protect its natural and cultural resources, by adding a surcharge to local real estate taxes.
In Billerica, the surcharge is 1%. Exemptions apply.
The local CPA fund receives yearly guaranteed disbursement matches from a statewide trust fund, the revenues of which are derived from a surcharge the Commonwealth places on (real estate) transaction fees at the Registry of Deeds - but only cities and towns that adopted CPA receive a disbursement match. Since CPA was signed into law in 2000, 175 communities have adopted it and benefited from it. Billerica citizens voted to adopt it on Election Day, November 8, 2016.
For more information regarding the Act, visit the Community Preservation Coalition website. Please, visit us on Facebook!
State Laws - https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleVII/Chapter44B
Town By-Law (Page 23) - https://www.town.billerica.ma.us/DocumentCenter/Home/View/5929
Billerica Housing Authority
|Billerica Public Library||Historic Preservation|
|Billerica Historical Society, Clara Sexton Memorial Museum||Historic Preservation|
|Town of Billerica, Howe School||Historic Preservation|
|Middlesex Canal Association, Middlesex Canal Museum||Historic Preservation|
|Town of Billerica, Yankee Doodle Bike Path||Open Space/Recreation|
|Town of Billerica, Peggy Hannon Rizza Complex||Open Space/Recreation|
|Billerica Recreation Department, Disc Golf course|
1926 Maxim Ladder Fire Truck
Sheridan St. Boat Launch
Katie Durand Memorial Park, Carter Ave.
Billerica Library Archival
Peggy Hannon Rizza Construction
Howe School Construction
Masonic Hall Purchase