Wastewater Permits & Fees
Sewer Permit Procedure
Effective 1/1/2022 The Town of Billerica Water Resource Recovery Facility will issue sewer permits electronically at the treatment plant. There will not be any more paper permits issued.
- Come to the treatment plant at 70 Letchworth Ave to fill out an application and and drop off payment (check only, payable to Town of Billerica in the amount of $150).
- Contractors are to call and schedule an inspection time and date.
- Collections Inspector is Mike McCaughey 978-987-5854 or call WRRF 978-671-0956.
- Approved Contractors List
- Residential new construction (includes tear downs) - $150.00 Permit Fee
- Commercial new construction / renovation - $600.00 Permit Fee
- DPW Fees (Paid at DPW Administration Office at Town Hall)
- The DPW fee (for new residential) is calculated at $1.97 per square foot (Includes Wastewater PE/II and Water Conservation Fee).
- For Commercial (new and renovations), We use State Rule 314 CMR Regulations for determining the gallons per day to calculate fee.
- Wastewater Plant Expansion: $9.00 per gpd.
- Wastewater Inflow Infiltration: $3.99 per gpd.
- Water Conservation: $5.78 per gpd.
- For restaurants, flow based on number of seats.
- For office buildings, flow based on square footage.
Drain Layer FeesAll work must be performed by a licensed and approved drain layer. Anyone who so desires may become an approved drain layer by filling out an application, supplying a bond and insurance, and paying the associated fee. The fee structure is as follows:
- Annual fees:
- Drain-layer license (for pipe work, street opening, and curb cuts) - $300.00
- Contractor License (street openings and curb cuts) - $100.00
- One-time fee:
- Project Drain-layer License (single project only) - $100.00