- Your Government
- Veterans Services
A message from the Veterans Services Department
Billerica Department of Veterans Services is a one-stop shop for all Veterans and their families needing information and assistance. Our mission is to help those who have served in the Armed Forces obtain any Federal, State, and Local Veterans Benefits that they may be entitled to and eligible for. We strive to provide this service with dignity, honor, and respect to all men and women who have served our country. It is our pleasure to serve and honor those who have worn the cloth of our Nation!
Join Our Email List:
Our office has created an email list for Veterans to stay connected and updated with information, resources, and upcoming events. Please take a moment and sign up below. Please feel free to reach out at any time.
The Billerica Veterans Department serves the Town's veterans under Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 115. The Department advocates and advises veterans on benefits they are entitled to, including employment, educational opportunities, medical care, and other benefits. We are here to assist with transiting from the military, civilian life reintegration, and the pursuit of meaningful & productive lives in the community and help improve the overall quality of life and health.
The Veteran's Department aims to serve the men and women who have fought for their country. They advocate at every level and fight for the benefits our Veterans deserve. The Department purchases new flags to proudly be displayed in the Common, Talbot Oval, and other places around Town, including the cemetery.
The Department provides emergency fuel assistance to residents in need. The Town will also continue to fund 25% of Veterans' benefits, with the other 75% reimbursed by the state.
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Advise local service providers on techniques and resources available for assisting combat veterans.
- Administer Chapter 115 Assistance to eligible Veterans, dependents, and widows.
- Assisting returning Massachusetts Veterans with applying for state Welcome Home Bonuses.
- Assist Veterans and their families with burial benefits.
- Assist Veterans and their families with filing property tax abatements.
- Assist Veterans and their families in obtaining Veterans License Plates from Mass RMV.
- Counsel Veterans, Dependents, and Widows and provide referrals to other professional services as necessary.
- Educate Veterans on available resources in meeting their unique challenges and health needs.
- Give direct service and support to Veterans by answering questions and recommending supportive resources.
- Guide and assist Veterans with VA disability claims.
- Help 100% service-connected disabled veterans, Gold Star Spouses/Gold Star Parents, apply for annuities.
- Support and assist Veterans with service record concerns/corrections.
Veterans Department provides residents with food stamp intake, social security counseling, and VA Benefits guidance.
Wreaths Across America Day - December 17, 2022
Update on COVID-19 from Bedford VA Hospital