Update your skills, discover new talents, or chart a career path at your own pace and at your convenience with our new instructor-led online courses. Courses begin each month and run for six weeks. Each course consists of 12 lessons. Interactive quizzes, tutorials, assignments, and online discussion areas supplement the lessons. All materials will be made available to you over the internet. Read your lessons and ask questions of your instructor at times that are most convenient to you. All you need to get started is internet access and e-mail.
Please visit http://www.ed2go.com/billerica for course requirements, demonstration and additional information.
Lessons available via e-mail or on line. Print and study lessons at your leisure. Access the internet for assignments, demonstrations, tutorials, quizzes, and an electronic bulletin board that permits interaction with others in your class. All classes begin on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. Each course runs for 6 weeks, 2 lessons e-mailed each week on Wednesday and Friday. Quiz with each lesson and final exam. Those completing all course work receive course completion certificate. see below for the latest information on new classes that have been added recently!
Fee: Classes fee range is from an average of $79.00 and up.
- Go to www.ed2go.com/billerica
- Click “online classes”
- Click on “courses” then your choice for syllabus, detailed description and price.
- Complete all information and attend orientation at www.ed2go.com/billerica. Click on orientation link this is required before you can go to your on line classroom.
- Full payment to the Billerica Recreation Department is required by the first Friday of the month you wish to take a class.
How do on line classes work?
- All courses begin on the third Wednesday of each month and run for six weeks. Each course consists of twelve lessons, each of which is supplemented with interactive quizzes, assignments, tutorials, live instructor support and online discussion areas.
- On line classroom can be accessed over the Internet at any time of day or night You will be able to participate entirely from the comfort of your home or office at times that are most convenient to you.
- All courses require Internet access, e-mail and Internet Explorer, Foxfire, or other internet navigation program
- The day your class begins, return to www.ed2go.com/billerica. Click the classroom link, and then log in with the information you provided in online orientation
CLASSES - see below for the latest information on new classes that have been added recently!
College Prep and Professional Development
Prepare for the SAT, ACT, GED, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, and other exams, obtain professional certification, or move ahead with our continuing education courses for teachers and health care workers.
Computers and Technology
Graphic design, Web design, computer literacy, Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, PC troubleshooting, programming, networking, database management, QuickBooks, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, Publisher, PrintShop, Windows, Linux, Mac, Oracle, SQL, and more.
Writing and Language
Editing, grammar, technical writing, creative writing, screenwriting, writing for children, poetry, songwriting, journaling, Spanish, French, Braille and more.
Business and Careers
Entrepreneurship, accounting, business planning, supervision, customer service, human resources, law, project management, administrative assisting, sales, leadership, stress management, assertiveness, communication, plus!
Grant Writing and Nonprofit Management
Career opportunities are plentiful in the fast-growing nonprofit sector. Prepare to take advantage of unprecedented demand for grant writers, fund raisers, nonprofit managers, and more.
Digital photography, personal finance, investing, debt elimination, art, music, history, philosophy, psychology, math, parenting, film, acting, comedy, drawing, outdoor survival techniques, theme park engineering.
ED2Go's top 30 classes from around the country.
1 Accounting Fundamentals
2 Creating Web Pages
3 Medical Terminology: A Word Association Approach
4 Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2007
5 Speed Spanish
6 A to Z Grant Writing
7 Project Management Fundamentals
8 Grammar Refresher
9 Introduction to SQL
10 Introduction to QuickBooks 2010
11 Explore a Career in Medical Coding
12 Intermediate Microsoft Excel 2007
13 Beginning Writer's Workshop
14 Secrets of Better Photography
15 Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2010
16 Computer Skills for the Workplace
17 Introduction to Microsoft Word 2007
18 Human Anatomy and Physiology
19 Introduction to Java Programming
20 Discover Digital Photography
21 Introduction to Microsoft Access 2007
22 Teaching Smarter With SMART Boards
23 GRE Preparation - Part 1 (Verbal and Analytical)
24 Introduction to CSS and XHTML
25 Photoshop Elements 8 for the Digital Photographer
26 Learn to Buy and Sell on eBay
27 Introduction to PHP and MySQL
28 Introduction to Dreamweaver CS5
29 Effective Business Writing
30 Become a Veterinary Assistant