Who is eligible for an abatement?
Anyone who feels that their personal property is overvalued or exempt may file for an abatement. You must file an abatement form at the Assessor's Office between January 1 and February 1 of the current tax year. Only the current tax year is eligible for abatement or exemption. Please visit the Assessor's Documents Page to download the necessary form - Abatement Application State Form 128

Show All Answers

1. What is personal property?
2. Who must pay this tax?
3. What property is taxable?
4. What is a Form of List?
5. Who must file a return?
6. When and where must my return be filed?
7. Can I get an extension of the filing deadline?
8. What is the penalty for failure to file or filing late?
9. What is the return used for and who has access to it?
10. Who is eligible for an abatement?
11. What property is exempt?