- Updated Town Hall Operations
Updated Town Hall Operations
Updates to Town Operations
Most Town operations are already fully available online, over the phone, or by email. If you don’t see something listed below it does not mean it is not available. The list below is changes from normal operations. If you don’t see something that you need done please contact Clancy in the Town Managers Office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (978) 671 -0942 to facilitate the request.
Board of Health Operations as of 03/26/2020
Concerns with Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Public Health Nurse is continuing to monitor the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) within the community, if you have a question concerning this matter please reach out to Christine West at email@example.com or telephone at 978-671-0932. If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 please contact your primary care physician or visit an urgent care facility to get medical help.
The Board of Health will make every effort to continue to issue permits, perform inspections, and answer any questions from the public. Please email any questions, complaints, completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. All Board of Health inquiries please call 978-671-0931 or 978-671-0960.
Town Meeting and Town Election
The Board of Selectmen has acted to move the Spring 2020 Town Meeting from May 5, 2020 to June 16, 2020. The Town Election is also being moved to from April 4, 2020 to June 6, 2020. The 2020 Spring Warrant public hearing for the Finance Committee is still scheduled for April 7, 2020 at 7:30PM online at the following link: https://www.town.billerica.ma.us/866/Online-Public-Hearing. Anyone absentee ballots cast up to the time of the change of the election date will be counted in the Annual Town Election.
- Current Chapter 115 recipients should expect to receive benefits by mail on time.
- If you have a receipt to submit for reimbursement please mail the original copies to the Department of Veteran Services and they will be processed promptly.
- Please understand the office will be staffed during normal business hours although all correspondence will need to be conducted by phone, email or fax.
- All other meetings are to be rescheduled. Thank you for your patience and we are still here to serve you.
- The library may be closed, but you still have access to downloadable and/or streaming e-books, audiobooks, music, videos, comic books, and magazines, both through the Billerica Public Library and Boston Public Library.
For more information please visit their website - https://billericalibrary.org/featured-events/closingresources/
- You will now be able to apply for a Wastewater permit through email. Please follow this link for more information - https://www.town.billerica.ma.us/224/Wastewater-Permits-Fees
Please send any correspondence to email@example.com or call (978) 671 - 0971
- Motor Vehicle Excise Tax Inquiries and Abatements: Please scan and email or fax to provide documentation as to what happened to the plate (i.e., plate cancellation, new registration if transferred), and what happened to the vehicle (i.e., Bill of Sale, Total Loss Letter, Junk Yard Receipt, etc.). We will process your abatement and call or email you with the adjusted amount.
- For Real Estate Inquiries: Please click on the Assessors’ Office portion of the Town Website and click on “Property Assessments” for the Town’s on line assessment database. There will be no interior inspections until further notice. Asst. Assessors/Data Collectors will be conducting exterior measurements and inspections.
- Abutters Lists: Request Forms can be mailed, emailed or faxed. Your list will be available in 5-10 working days. There is a charge of $2 per abutter, and you will be contacted with the amount due once complete. Please mail or drop off a check in the green mailbox located on the side of building. Once your check is received, we will mail the completed list to you.
- Senior/Veteran/CPA Real Estate Exemptions: All applications and instructions can be found online under Assessors’ Documents or contact the office to have a copy sent to you.
Tax Collector and Treasurers Office
- Payment of Bills: Motor Vehicle Excise Tax, Real Estate, Personal Property Tax and Water/Sewer Bills, please utilize the Green mailbox on the Good Street side of Town Hall. We will be processing payments daily. If you require a receipt, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Also, please note that we do not accept payments over the phone.
- A second option for payment is our online program. The Town of Billerica’s online platform will allow you to pay through EFT (electronic funds transfer) directly debiting your checking account ($0.40 per transaction) or with a credit card (2.95% fee). The online link is below: https://www.invoicecloud.com/portal/(S(wyieuvi1pnzqzazhlpiu0yng))/2/Site.aspx?G=c769a5e6-e348-40b4-a1ac-946582d2e5a2
- If you have any questions pertaining to these payment methods please contact the Collector’s office at 978-671-0920. You may also email Elaine Russo at firstname.lastname@example.org or me, John Clark at email@example.com
- All secondary meters will be on hold until Town Hall restrictions are lifted. If you need a primary meter to be installed by your plumber for new construction, please call the office at 978-671-1313 Option 4 to make arrangements for someone to bring curbside to you.
- If you have anything to send to DPW, please put in an envelope and mark DPW, and place in the green bin on the parking lot side of the Town Hall. Or you can call (978) 671 – 1313.
Council on Aging
The Council on Aging has made many changes due to the outbreak. Please refer to the website link that is here - https://www.town.billerica.ma.us/136/Council-on-Aging
With a ban on public access to Town Hall the Building Department will implement the following procedures in an effort to provide continuous service. We encourage all customers to utilize the Town’s website to obtain permit applications and other information that pertains to Building Department operations - https://www.town.billerica.ma.us/275/Building-Department-Documents
- Building, Plumbing, Gas and Electrical permits can be submitted electronically. Send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org (This is the preferred method).
- Completed applications can also be submitted at Town Hall by dropping them in the GREEN drop off box located adjacent to the Handicap accessible entrance (Good St side). This box will be checked throughout the day.
- If you have a large set of plans that will not fit in the drop box, please proceed to the Accessible Entrance of Town Hall (Good St side) and call the Building Department upon arrival 978-671-0959. We will provide you with further directions on how to submit your plans.
- All inspections will continue as scheduled
Staff can be reached via email:
Mark LaLumiere Building Commissioner email@example.com
Olivia Canario Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are picking up or paying a permit, please contact the Building Department at 978-671-0959. Staff will provide you with directions on how to obtain your permit.
The Town Clerk’s Office will continue to handle recording of all births, deaths and marriages and will make arrangements to provide these documents when necessary. This office will also continue to provide election services using electronic and U.S. Mail correspondence. Please contact Sshult@town.billerica.ma.us
The Conservation Department will make every effort continue to issue permits, perform inspections, and answer any questions from the public. Public Meetings will be moved to a virtual meeting platform. Arrangements will be made to convey plans and applications. Please Liz at Lells@town.billerica.ma.us