The men and women in the Billerica Department of Public Works are proud to deliver many services that help maintain the high quality of life in our town, including:
- Repairing, maintaining, plowing, and sweeping of streets and sidewalks in order to ensure that all public rights-of-way are safe and accessible at all times
- Managing the Town's municipal water program, which includes the Water Treatment Plant and water distribution system
- Managing the Town's municipal wastewater program, which includes the Wastewater Treatment Plant and sanitary sewer collection system
- Grave-site preparation and other burial services, and grounds maintenance at the Town's cemeteries
- Managing the efforts related to the design development and construction of the Town's various infrastructure improvement projects
- Managing the Town's Residential Trash and Recycling Program
Due to the impending blizzard, there will be no Trash and Recycling collection on Tuesday January 27 or Wednesday January 28. Tuesday collection postponed to next week. Wed, Thur and Fri collection delayed one day to Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Read on...
ALL GRAVE DECORATIONS, CHRISTMAS WREATHS ON HEADSTONES, AND PLANTS (PLANTED IN OR LEFT ON THE GROUND), AND ORNAMENTS (INCLUDING BIRD FEEDERS, WIND CHIMES AND METAL ROD HOLDERS) WILL BE REMOVED BY CEMETERY PERSONNEL ON MONDAY MORNING JANUARY 26, 2015. Read on...
Real Tree drop off December 26-January 31 and Extra Holiday Recycle drop off December 26 through January 4 at Highway Division, 250 Boston Road. (Curbside tree collection is January 5-9 on your regular trash day). Read on...