The men and women in the Billerica Department of Public Works are proud to deliver many services that help maintain the high quality of life in our town, including:
- Repairing, maintaining, plowing, and sweeping of streets and sidewalks in order to ensure that all public rights-of-way are safe and accessible at all times
- Managing the Town's municipal water program, which includes the Water Treatment Plant and water distribution system
- Managing the Town's municipal wastewater program, which includes the Wastewater Treatment Plant and sanitary sewer collection system
- Grave-site preparation and other burial services, and grounds maintenance at the Town's cemeteries
- Managing the efforts related to the design development and construction of the Town's various infrastructure improvement projects
- Managing the Town's Residential Trash and Recycling Program
Due to the major snow storm forecast for Monday February 2, all trash and recycling will be delayed by one day for the week of February 2 to 6. Any residents that were missed last week due to last weeks blizzard may put excess trash out in regular bags... Read on...
No work is planned this week (week of Jan 26) due to the weather. Read on...
Preliminary design is in progress on the project. Read on...