The men and women in the Billerica Department of Public Works are proud to deliver many services that help maintain the high quality of life in our town, including:
- Repairing, maintaining, plowing, and sweeping of streets and sidewalks in order to ensure that all public rights-of-way are safe and accessible at all times
- Managing the Town's municipal water program, which includes the Water Treatment Plant and water distribution system
- Managing the Town's municipal wastewater program, which includes the Wastewater Treatment Plant and sanitary sewer collection system
- Grave-site preparation and other burial services, and grounds maintenance at the Town's cemeteries
- Managing the efforts related to the design development and construction of the Town's various infrastructure improvement projects
- Managing the Town's Residential Trash and Recycling Program
The Drought Watch for our area has been upgraded to a Drought Warning.