The men and women in the Billerica Department of Public Works are proud to deliver many services that help maintain the high quality of life in our town, including:
- Repairing, maintaining, plowing, and sweeping of streets and sidewalks in order to ensure that all public rights-of-way are safe and accessible at all times
- Managing the Town's municipal water program, which includes the Water Treatment Plant and water distribution system
- Managing the Town's municipal wastewater program, which includes the Wastewater Treatment Plant and sanitary sewer collection system
- Grave-site preparation and other burial services, and grounds maintenance at the Town's cemeteries
- Managing the efforts related to the design development and construction of the Town's various infrastructure improvement projects
- Managing the Town's Residential Trash and Recycling Program
The Department of Public Works is making compost available to Billerica residents for residential gardening use only. Compost will be available during growing seasons and is available now at 250 Boston Road (outside of the Highway Division). Read on...
The Town will begin construction starting in November 2015 with a scheduled completion date of November 2017. Read on...
Bids were opened on October 20, 2015 for the Allen Road Reconstruction Project. Read on...