The men and women in the Billerica Department of Public Works are proud to deliver many services that help maintain the high quality of life in our town, including:
- Repairing, maintaining, plowing, and sweeping of streets and sidewalks in order to ensure that all public rights-of-way are safe and accessible at all times
- Managing the Town's municipal water program, which includes the Water Treatment Plant and water distribution system
- Managing the Town's municipal wastewater program, which includes the Wastewater Treatment Plant and sanitary sewer collection system
- Grave-site preparation and other burial services, and grounds maintenance at the Town's cemeteries
- Managing the efforts related to the design development and construction of the Town's various infrastructure improvement projects
- Managing the Town's Residential Trash and Recycling Program
In November, please remember that there is no trash delay for Veterans Day, but there is a one day delay for Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving. The last week of yard waste collection is November 28-December 2. Thank you! Read on...
Beginning November 1, 2022, in response to the Mass. Dept. of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) ban on mattress disposal, Waste Management will no longer collect mattresses and/or box springs for the Town of Billerica, as they must now be recycled. Read on...
Construction on the Boston Road Reconstruction Project has commenced. Read on...